Skip to content
Home » What Has Happened To Levi Davis?

What Has Happened To Levi Davis?

Speed Reads

Concern for rugby and X Factor star who was suffering from depression and last seen over a week ago

The family of missing rugby player and X Factor star, Levi Davis, have issued another plea for him to contact them more than a week after he disappeared in Spain.

Speaking directly to her son on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Davis’s mother Julie said “I can’t begin to understand how you’re feeling but just know that I do love you”. His sister Candice and foster mother Suzanne Balfour also spoke to Kay Burley on Sky News, making a renewed appeal for him to get in touch.

The former Bath rugby player was last seen boarding a boat from the island of Ibiza to Barcelona, where he posted a video from The Old Irish Pub on 29 October.

The Sun said “the star, who has appeared on X Factor: Celebrity and Celebs Go Dating, was said to have left suddenly with only a small black backpack and is without clothes or cash.”

According to The Times, Davis had launched a profile on OnlyFans, a website often used by adult film performers to generate extra income from subscribers, shortly before his disappearance. He had reportedly posted photographs entitled “My first nudes” on the site on 28 October, a day before he was last heard from.

In 2020, the Birmingham-born winger became the first professional rugby player to come out as bisexual.

His mother told the MailOnline this week that the 24-year-old was suffering from depression and contemplating quitting rugby after suffering a serious injury, which left him without a club and requiring surgery. He had also spoken to her about financial problems and complained about his treatment by the rugby world, claiming he had suffered racism during his career.

In the last message he sent before he went missing, Davis told his family: “I’ll catch you guys soon, 100 per cent”. His sister, Candice, shared the recording with The Telegraph amid fears he had come to harm.

Police in Barcelona admitted on Sunday that they had yet to start looking for Davis because they were awaiting official confirmation that he is missing, “placing further pressure on them from concerned friends, relatives and well-wishers to begin the search in earnest”, reported The Independent.